Friday 9 August 2013
Early arrivals. Riders arrived from 10am. There's much to be said about picking a spot in the optimum position. Ususally upwind of the smellier rallyists.
Marshals and other layabouts. Nigel had everything organised and a willing team of helpers. Pity they couldn't find the campsite.
What? No photos? Well send some in then!
- Overseas Long Distance - Female: Gundi Mathews, Hamburg.
- Overseas Long Distance - Male: Tuur Geutjes, Roosendaal.
- UK Long Distance - Female: Jenny McCracken.
- UK Long Distance - Male: Gordon Wilson, Scotland.
- Club Award: Mayflower MCC.
- Best Bike: Phil Norman, Yamaha XJ900.
A small and friendly field packed with rallyists.
Bikes of all shapes and types.
I think this pup is looking forward to a chicken dinner.
Raking up some embers with a glow still in them.
Fine weather and not too hot.
Graham Cooper always wears his rally kit, even to the local supermarket.
Riders leaving after another great weekend.
Everyone went home happy. Well done Nigel.
Many thanks to Nigel and his team from the LPMCC for a cracking do. It was so easy to find Nigel, thanks to your directions. Friday night DJ was excellent likewise the band on Saturday. What a lovely friendly rally, it's a must for next year.
Had a great surprise on Sunday morning bumping into Ben Crossley, brilliant! Met up at long last.
Stopped off at Jack's Hill Cafe at Towcester on the way home, cos Caz had not been there before. Think she was impressed as it's been going since 1955!
- Graham Cooper and Carol Bentley