Update profile April '10.
Martyn won't fess up so you will have to tell on him.
Martyn now lives on the wrong side of Northamptonshire near Thrapston. His children are growing up fast - the youngest is this year and the eldest of six boys is . Martyn is back to single status as of 2001 as he claims he couldn't afford to run a wife plus a full garage.
When Martyn sent this profile update he was still recovering from an RTA back in Oct 2007.
I must be the only silly bu**er who has a job yet cannot get to do it.
Martyns interests now include breathing, waking up each day, his boys, bikes and riding through Europe and to rallies when he can.
Martyn joined the ranks of BMW riders several years ago and hasn't looked back. [I suppose the mirrors are good enough.]
Martyn's notes about his bikes and activities on and (coming) off have the potential to fill the Motorbikes Section.
Bikes owned in the past:
- Honda 50 sports Pressed steel frame pre peddles.
- BSA C15 With apehangers and tassels.
- Suzuki 250J Pre ram air - just.
- Suzuki 500 twin twin leading shoe front brake - I learned that adrenalin was brown on this bike.
- Suzuki 750 Kettle lesson from this bike Tyres made in Japan at that time may last a long time but doesn't mean they grip the road. Broken femur 1
- Honda 500/4
- Triumph T160V Time stamp, I owned it at the time Elvis died.) I spent more time riding loaned Honda's whilst owning this bike Con-rod bolt NUFF Said.
- Honda 550/4 KIA Broken femur 2
- Honda 750/4 soc
- Several pushchairs and prams
- BMW R100RS
- BMW R1100RT
- BMW R1150RT
- BMW R1200RT and F650 KIA Wrist and ribs
- BMW R1200rtse and F650 replacement
Known as Greeny for obvious reasons and it may have been even more appropriate if Martyn ever added a Kawasaki to his long list of motorcycles.
Sadly Martyn passed away on 15 December 2012.